Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-text] [css-inline] Define how to deal with inline backgrounds whose boundary falls into a ligature (#5251)

From: Koji Ishii via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 24 Jun 2020 11:25:15 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
> But now try this version:

Thank you for finding it, it's likely a bug, we'll investigate.

> ...but I don't see how Blink's result ... is better

Agreed it's not better. I think Blink behavior always makes it clear so that authors can notice easier, and encourages authors to clarify the intention. If "fi" and "ffi" works at some levels, I guess most Latin authors will not notice it may not work in some other cases.

I tried Fira Code but it seems it does some magic to paint partial glyphs, haven't figured out what it does.
https://output.jsbin.com/romalif

Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/5251#issuecomment-648762229 using your GitHub account