Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-inline-3] Rethinking line-sizing and leading-trim (#5168)

From: Florian Rivoal via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 15 Jun 2020 21:59:09 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
I think the devil's in the details of how the `text-edge-over/under: <metric>` are defined to work (metric of first available font vs all fonts, trim the layout bounds vs content box, etc), but the overall split into these two properties makes sense to me:
* The cascading behavior feels right: `text-edge-over/under` is something you'd set broadly based on your language/typographic choices, while `leading-trim` would be set more specifically on targeted elements
* The ability to use the `<metric>` value in line sizing in addition to doing it for trimming, to better deal with slight variations in sizes when there's limited slack.

Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/5168#issuecomment-644412104 using your GitHub account