Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-inline-3] initial-letters: interaction of shape-margin and regular margin (#5119)

From: Alan Stearns via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 12 Jun 2020 16:01:36 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
I think it's better to have an interaction between the properties rather than a switch where we only use one or the other.

I think using the maximum is reasonable. Another possibility is to make things consistent with how shapes and margin boxes in floats interact - the shape described by shape-outside and shape-margin is clipped to the margin box. It's a bit weird for authoring, but once you learn how things are implemented for floats your knowledge would carry over to initial-letter.

--
GitHub Notification of comment by astearns
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/5119#issuecomment-643351558 using your GitHub account