Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-fonts-4] font-language-override tag is not necessarily 3 letters (#5195)

From: jfkthame via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 12 Jun 2020 08:42:18 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
I think so; it would seem a bit perverse not to, given that's the "real" tag. Accepting the 3-letter form is simply a convenience.

More generally, any string shorter than 4 characters should be padded with trailing spaces to a length of 4; in theory, a font could implement a language system with a tag `"X   "` -- although I'm sure such a tag will never end up in the registered list -- and `font-language-override: "X"` should work to access it.

--
GitHub Notification of comment by jfkthame
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/5195#issuecomment-643152117 using your GitHub account