Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-inline] baseline values for dominant-baseline and alignment-baseline (#1121)

From: fantasai via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 10 Jun 2020 04:47:11 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
@kojiishi I think the problem here is that we have existing compat restrictions due to [SVG](https://www.w3.org/TR/SVG11/text.html#BaselineAlignmentProperties).

It's an open question what exactly `text-bottom` refers to, but `ideographic` refers to the `ideo` baseline, whereas I think `text-bottom` refers to the descent metric. They might be equivalent in many fonts, but it might not be true in ones that cover a wide range of writing systems.

Lmk if you think there's anything else to solve here, or if we should close the issue. :)

Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/1121#issuecomment-641717977 using your GitHub account