Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-transitions] Transition to height (or width) "auto" (#626)

From: danegraphics via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 09 Jun 2020 18:25:19 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
Another year, another checkup.

I'm surprised that this bug still hasn't been fixed or even committed to. At this point pretty much everyone agrees that transitioning to auto is a necessary feature. Until this gets fixed, we're stuck with [a bunch of ugly workarounds, each of which have a catch.](https://stackoverflow.com/questions/3508605/how-can-i-transition-height-0-to-height-auto-using-css)

The question now is **what will it take to get it implemented** and **who is in charge of taking those steps**?

Heck, if it's something I can do, I'll do it. But I'm here because I don't know where to start and I'm assuming someone here does.

So, what's it gonna take?

--
GitHub Notification of comment by danegraphics
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/626#issuecomment-641491966 using your GitHub account