Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-fonts] Proposal to extend CSS font-optical-sizing (#4430)

From: arrowtype via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 08 Jun 2020 14:53:27 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
I see, I partly missed the point of Nick’s suggestion.

It prioritizes the angular measure to start based on the idea of being equal to distance, rather than starting from the basis of absolute size.

However, I still do wonder whether it makes sense to lead with that. From what I’ve read so far in the thread, it seems that device makers already do try to set a CSS px unit to absolute sizes that correspond to expected user distance. So, 4/3 px should theoretically already equal 3 arcminutes on a phone, a desktop, and a football-stadium jumbotron.

--
GitHub Notification of comment by arrowtype
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/4430#issuecomment-640680160 using your GitHub account