Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-text] Ability to control hyphenation of proper nouns/capitalised words (#5157)

From: Florian Rivoal via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 04 Jun 2020 01:23:16 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
Level 3 doesn't force the user agent to behave either way, merely notes that capitalization is one of the thing a UA *may* consider when deciding to hyphenate or not.

Given that TeX and InDesign offer controls to authors over this, I think it is reasonable to consider the possibility for level 4.

I think that the default will necessarily have to be an "auto" value, to let browsers use the best heuristics they know of, but what should the other values be?

Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/5157#issuecomment-638545038 using your GitHub account