Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-color-adjust-1] Why special-casing background-image for inputs? (#4917)

From: CSS Meeting Bot via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 03 Jun 2020 23:29:05 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
The CSS Working Group just discussed `Why special-casing background-image for inputs?`, and agreed to the following:

* `RESOLVED: Remove the special case of background images on input elements wrt forced colors`

&lt;heycam> Topic: Why special-casing background-image for inputs?<br>
&lt;heycam> github: https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/4917<br>
&lt;heycam> Rossen_: this issue is calling out some special casing that was added for bg images on input elements<br>
&lt;heycam> ... for the purposes of forced colors<br>
&lt;heycam> ... and this was a legacy behavior that was carried forward over the years and not really necessary any more<br>
&lt;heycam> ... since we have the backplate, which is used to guarantee contrast where needed<br>
&lt;heycam> ... just commented earlier on the issue earlier, I'm completely fine with removing it from the spec and closing the issue<br>
&lt;heycam> ... unless anyone has any reason why we shouldn't<br>
&lt;heycam> ... any objections to removing the special casing and closing the issue?<br>
&lt;heycam> RESOLVED: Remove the special case of background images on input elements wrt forced colors<br>
&lt;TabAtkins> i'm fine with moving to inline issues<br>
&lt;fantasai> https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/3199#issuecomment-634368358<br>
</details>

--
GitHub Notification of comment by css-meeting-bot
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/4917#issuecomment-638513353 using your GitHub account