Re: [csswg-drafts] [mediaqueries] Define Media Groups: continuous vs paged, etc. (#5019)

From: Florian Rivoal via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 03 Jun 2020 01:53:13 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
paged vs continuous seems doable, without vagueness: when you overflow the ICB in the block axis, do you get fragmentation or scroll bars. I think we could indeed define that one. I don't think the rest of the the Media Group distinctions are worth doing anything about.

In that case, I propose to add the `continuous media` and `paged media` definitions into https://drafts.csswg.org/mediaqueries-4/#mf-overflow-block

Which raises an interesting question: which of `continuous media` and `paged media` should `@media (overflow-block:none)` and `@media (overflow-block:optional-paged)` be classified at? For `none`, it doesn't really make a difference (but I'd go with `paged media`), but for `optional-paged` it would. There too, I'd go with `paged media`, to get the per-page replication of fixed-pos elements.

Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/5019#issuecomment-637906198 using your GitHub account