Re: [csswg-drafts] [web-animations-1] Clarification about `target` and `pseudoElement` relationship (#4745)

From: Oriol Brufau via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 05 Feb 2020 20:41:01 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
@graouts In the definition of [`content: none`](https://drafts.csswg.org/css-content/#valdef-content-none),

> On pseudo-elements it inhibits the creation of the pseudo-element as if it had `display: none`.

It's not crystal clear since the pseudo-element is still created in the element tree, only its boxes are inhibited (which is what `display: none` does), but it points out the equivalence.

I filed #1810 for explicitly defining how the element tree is constructed, but it was deferred.

Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/4745#issuecomment-582602032 using your GitHub account