Re: [csswg-drafts] [web-animations-1] Clarification about `target` and `pseudoElement` relationship (#4745)

From: Antoine Quint via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 05 Feb 2020 18:22:14 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
> > When `Element.animate()` is called the target div has no `::before` pseudo-element.
>
> AFAIK, the `::before` pseudo-element will always exist (in the element tree). Then, it may not generate any box, but this should be no different than an element with `display: none`.

If that's true, could you point me to spec text backing this? It would make things easier, indeed.

But there are also tests that specifically test whether elements have or don't have `::before` selectors set for elements, specifically web-animations/interfaces/KeyframeEffect/target.html.

--
GitHub Notification of comment by graouts
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/4745#issuecomment-582543822 using your GitHub account