Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-pseudo] Should ::first-line include markers? (#4506)

From: fantasai via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 30 Dec 2020 22:43:42 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
@bfgeek That text is describing how to find the first line. It's not saying how deep declarations applied to the first line inherit, which is a separate question. For a two-line inline-block on the first line, definitely we wouldn't pick out only the first line to style. But I think it makes sense for the ::first-line styles to inherit through.

Wrt markers specifically, I can see arguments both ways and would be interested to hear what @dauwhe / @murakamishinyu / @faceless2 think about it.

Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/4506#issuecomment-752780428 using your GitHub account