Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-variables?] Higher level custom properties that control multiple declarations (#5624)

From: Bramus! via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 28 Dec 2020 20:56:57 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
@LeaVerou

> I don't see how.
> a) Custom properties can have different values in nested rules.

They don't. Think we simply misunderstood each other here.

> b) Consider e.g. `if(var(--foo) > 5%, ...)` with `var(--foo)` being e.g. `12px`.

Ha, was a bit too focused there on referring to other "regular" properties vs. other custom properties. Didn't take the values they resolve to into  account — which obviously can also be em/px values, as you mention here. Ignore my statement about it resolving the partial application issue, it is incorrect.

--
GitHub Notification of comment by bramus
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/5624#issuecomment-751861823 using your GitHub account