[csswg-drafts] [css-flexbox][css-overflow]Where is the relationship between flexbox and overflow defined? (#5812)

From: Glen Huang via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 21 Dec 2020 09:57:57 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
hgl has just created a new issue for https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts:

== [css-flexbox][css-overflow]Where is the relationship between flexbox and overflow defined? ==
I wonder where is the relationship between flexbox and overflow defined? I skimmed both flexbox 1 and overflow 3 editor’s drafts, couldn’t find the answer.

Specifically, I’m trying to understand this behavior: in a single-line column flex container whose first child has flex:none, whether or not the second flex: 1 child, which has long content,  overflows the flex container, seems to depend on if it has a non-’visible’ overflow.

Currently, it has the same height as its content under ‘visible’, but I expect it to have the same height as the available flex space, not as its content, and only its content overflows. Isn’t that how overflow: auto could work in the first place?

Would love to find the part where this is explained.

Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/5812 using your GitHub account