Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-images] [css-gcpm] Overloaded definitions of element() (#1981)

From: Guillaume via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 21 Dec 2020 06:25:57 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
Thanks, I hadn't noticed that `image()` can take a `url()` so I hadn't think of it as a "higher order selector".

I'm not sure that selecting an element via other types of selectors would be an upside. An image value referencing an element will always resolves to a single (~= unique, like an ID) target, while other selectors are more often used to select multiple targets.

--
GitHub Notification of comment by cdoublev
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/1981#issuecomment-748787834 using your GitHub account