Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-highlight-api] triggering restyling/repainting (#4596)

From: Dan Clark via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 18 Dec 2020 19:32:34 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
I was discussing this with some other Edge folks interested in this API.

It doesn't seem like any of these would need to trigger a synchronous repaint, and that modifications to these would be similar to CSS OM modifications, or changes to `HTMLElement.Style`.  Not sure about the spec wording, but as far as the browser implementation goes, the affected area would be marked as needing a repaint which would occur whenever the browser needed to compute another frame.

As a sidenote, I guess the fifth bullet no longer applies since the spec no longer has that `style` property.

--
GitHub Notification of comment by dandclark
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/4596#issuecomment-748280716 using your GitHub account