Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-color-hdr-1] Compositing SDR in HDR outputs (#5323)

From: Andrew Somers via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 15 Dec 2020 13:58:30 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
I have not read the following book as yet, but the article abstract sounds interesting:

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/B9780128094778000029

In essence it "seems" the be taking the lower 5% and upper 5% of the SDR image (by luminance) processing it and expanding the low and the high. Considering how typical color correction soft clips the low and high, this makes some sense as an expansion — part of the processing involves some noise cancelling, that's all I could gleen from the abstract.

--
GitHub Notification of comment by Myndex
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/5323#issuecomment-745302365 using your GitHub account