Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-values-4] Clarify how and when the initial containing block and visual viewport may deviate (#5777)

From: Botond Ballo via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Sat, 12 Dec 2020 00:12:52 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
> > @mind-bending-forks, in the example pages in sections 2.2 and 2.3 of this article, is the content truncation problem you describe resolved if you use `100%` instead of `100vh` as the size of the `<body>` element?
>
> that should work in that simple case, but it doesn't solve the need for having an accurate value for `vh` - I may want a `div` that is deep in my HTML tree to fill the screen 100% but that would require me to make sure that each ancestor of that `div` is also `100%` otherwise it won't work. Thus the value of (accurate) `vh` units that don't require developers to do that.

I understand that. My point is, if `100%` solves the issue on that simple page, then the proposed `vhc` units should solve the issue more generally (and conversely, if the behaviour with `100%` on the simple page is still unsatisfactory for some reason, the behaviour with `vhc` is likely to be as well).

--
GitHub Notification of comment by theres-waldo
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/5777#issuecomment-743492731 using your GitHub account