Re: [csswg-drafts] [cssom] The way CSSStyleDeclaration exposes properties is not ideal. (#5649)

From: Sam Sneddon via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 11 Dec 2020 10:37:46 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org

That precedent comes from [DOM Level 2 Style](https://www.w3.org/TR/DOM-Level-2-Style/css.html#CSS-extended). From an aesthetic point-of-view I'd like to get rid of the lie that it's only CSS2, so if you wanna try renaming it in Gecko and see if it sticks I'd quite like that?

> An alternative that doesn't use `Properties` would be `Block` (so, `CSSStyleBlock` / `CSSPageBlock` / ...), which could be nice because it avoids using `Properties` for something that's "descriptors"...

Is there any reason why we can't go for `CSSStyleProperties`/`CSS2Properties` then `CSSPageDescriptors`, `CSSCounterStyleDescriptors`, etc?

--
GitHub Notification of comment by gsnedders
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/5649#issuecomment-743117110 using your GitHub account