Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-grid][css-flexbox][quirks] Avoid percentage height quirk in new layout models (#5545)

From: Daniel Holbert via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 09 Dec 2020 18:57:49 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
> RESOLVED: dholbert to make a change to quirks spec to clarify behavior for flex and grid items and containers

Looking at the quirks spec-text more clearly, I agree that it does need a change in order to match the agreed-upon behavior.

I suspect we need to insert a step between steps 1 and 2 that says (hand-waving a bit): "if *element* has a computed value of the display property that is 'flex' or 'grid', then return the nearest ancestor containing block of the original element that you started with.

--
GitHub Notification of comment by dholbert
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/5545#issuecomment-741979921 using your GitHub account