[csswg-drafts] [resize-observer] Shouldn't ResizeObserverEntry contain writing-mode values? (#5486)

From: Joe Pea via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Sun, 30 Aug 2020 21:50:11 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
trusktr has just created a new issue for https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts:

== [resize-observer] Shouldn't ResizeObserverEntry contain writing-mode values? ==
Otherwise we must call `getComputedStyle` on the observed element to get the value. There's otherwise no way to get the `writing-mode` as far as I know.

The callback's handling code may needs to know whether to use `inlineSize` as width or as height (and similar with `blockSize`).

This issue could be avoided if there were `verticalSize` and `horizontalSize` values instead of `inlineSize` and `blockSize`, so that the vertical and horizontal sizing could be reliable without needing to look for the writing-mode value.

Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/5486 using your GitHub account