Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-inline-3] vertical-align: super and font metrics (#5225)

From: Alan Stearns via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Sat, 29 Aug 2020 12:47:05 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
I don’t agree with the flip. There are plenty of places where we choose a value/formula/algorithm to use, and only *very* reluctantly agree to variations because there *are* places where we are concerned it would break web content.

In this case we agree there’s no concern about breaking web content, because everyone is using different formulas now. It’s an improvement to switch to a single formula. It’s less of an improvement if we allow the +1 variation, so that has to be justified.

--
GitHub Notification of comment by astearns
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/5225#issuecomment-683285848 using your GitHub account