Re: [csswg-drafts] [web-animations-1] Add steps for transitioning to/from a scroll timeline. (#5423)

From: kevers-google via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 27 Aug 2020 23:40:20 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
Your option 4 is essentially a subset of what I was proposing with option 3 a few comments ago:

* Play (unpause) sets the start time to 0 or effect end, which has the effect of resuming from the scroll position.
* setting the timeline sets the start time of a running or finished animation to 0 or effect end depending in the sign of the playback rate if using a scroll timeline.

The extra step in option 3 is to preserve current time if transitioning from a scroll timeline to a document timeline.  Otherwise resetting the animation-timeline could have unexpected results.

If we are converging on consensus for this approach I can quickly update the pull request and Blink CL.

--
GitHub Notification of comment by kevers-google
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/pull/5423#issuecomment-682244775 using your GitHub account