Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-values] Add url() alias that does not accept unquoted URLs (#541)

From: Lea Verou via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 27 Aug 2020 10:57:45 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
Wording seems fine, I'm still unsure if `fetch()` is a good name. It's a verb, which implies that an action happens, whereas CSS is a declarative, reactive language, and its functions declare values, they do not perform actions. The semantics of this new function are identical to `url()`, but the naming implies that it is completely different.

It's good to have it in the spec with any name, but I'm hoping we won't just resolve to that without discussion.

--
GitHub Notification of comment by LeaVerou
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/541#issuecomment-681876727 using your GitHub account