Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-scroll-anchoring-1] Reduce the scope of focused element (#5470)

From: vmpstr via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 26 Aug 2020 14:46:06 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
> I'm not quite sure this makes sense for tab navigation though. When you tab-navigate, you actually want the focused button/link/etc on screen, you don't want any of the focus moving offscreen, I think.

Yeah that's true. I think this case is probably less of an issue than an intentional attempt by the site to move a focused element off-screen (like a click to add content), although I don't really have evidence to support my claim other than the fact that we haven't had bugs filed for that case. We did get a bunch of bugs filed when we implemented the focus priority candidate

--
GitHub Notification of comment by vmpstr
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/pull/5470#issuecomment-680926152 using your GitHub account