Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-transitions] Transition to height (or width) "auto" (#626)

From: Eoghan Murray via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 21 Aug 2020 17:30:13 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
@jchiem that looks like a great solution, and you should also post it here:
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/3508605/how-can-i-transition-height-0-to-height-auto-using-css
It's certainly the best CSS solution I've seen.
Incidentally, the nested child is likely needed as the first child (.expander__container2 in the non-working example) is rendered as a flex-item, so it's dimensions are being controlled by the flexbox model, rather than preserving intrinsic dimensions like the .expander__content element does.
Of course we still need the spec updated!

--
GitHub Notification of comment by eoghanmurray
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/626#issuecomment-678404367 using your GitHub account