Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-inline-3] Canvas 2D's textBaseline = "middle" neccessitates an em-middle baseline? (#5431)

From: fantasai via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 20 Aug 2020 15:09:41 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
@annevk sorry, “x-middle”. You're right, it could differ in the case where the ideographic baselines are not defined by the font and the ascent + descent != 1em, we don't currently define how to find the central baseline in that case. In that case I'd say you should just define it as halfway between em-over and em-under, assuming that's the relationship you want to encode there.

Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/5431#issuecomment-677724262 using your GitHub account