Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-text] text-transform's design, intent and reality resolution (#3775)

From: Ambrose Li via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 19 Aug 2020 15:03:21 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
In certain use cases, text-transform is identical to font-variant. A plausible use case is small caps through Google Fonts – you *have* to do it with text-transforms because Google Fonts do not preserve OpenType features so small caps, when offered, is always a separate font.

I do this myself and while I prefer to use OT features, I have to keep doing this as long as I have to use Google Fonts.

--
GitHub Notification of comment by acli
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/3775#issuecomment-676481900 using your GitHub account