Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-inline] alignment of initial-letter for South Asian scripts without hanging baseline (#864)

From: fantasai via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 13 Aug 2020 07:18:48 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
@r12a Thanks for ILREQ! We've added a value to the spec that tries to reproduce the required behavior. Note that we are missing metrics for the initial letter's top/bottom edges itself -- that's #5244. So, assuming we can get the correct top/bottom metrics for the initial letter glyph itself, what we're adding here is a `leading` value that matches those top/bottom metrics to the halfway-through-the-line-gap points above/below the impacted lines in the paragraph. I believe this is the behavior represented in ILREQ, can i18n confirm?

Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/864#issuecomment-673307707 using your GitHub account