Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-syntax] Simplify ident-like URL consumption (#5414)

From: Tab Atkins Jr. via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 10 Aug 2020 19:34:37 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
Ah, looking at the history, I changed *from* your suggested text to the current text in <https://github.com/csstools/csswg-drafts/commit/5f673863c0b1195fc4b8933b2e4d3893b1f8eae0>, and now that I see it, I understand why - if there is any whitespace between the open-paren and the string, I need to preserve it, so the next token produced is a whitespace token.

(I can't just emit the function-token immediately and let normal whitespace processing handle that; I need to scan forward and see if it's going to be a normal function (containing a string) or if it needs to be specially parsed as a url-token (unquoted).)

Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/pull/5414#issuecomment-671547047 using your GitHub account