Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-syntax-3]: Voluntary semicolons (#5413)

From: Tab Atkins Jr. via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 10 Aug 2020 16:43:58 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
This would be a significant syntax change, and would introduce us to all the wonders and horrors of Javascript's ASI feature. It would make formatting values across multiple lines (useful for larger declarations, like multiple `background` layers, or the `grid-template` shorthand) fraught and complicated.

Given that we've dodged the bullet on ASI for several decades so far, I'm very strongly against any attempt to introduce it.

Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/5413#issuecomment-671464581 using your GitHub account