Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-background-4] Switch to opt into transparent canvas for additive displays (#3949)

From: Dean Jackson via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 06 Aug 2020 19:32:59 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
> dark mode doesn't make much sense on an additive device. Such a UA should only support light mode.

That's good. But what about a "fake" additive device. e.g. it's showing a camera feed on the display, and the web content floats above that. Most of the time you'd want a solid background, but I can imagine widgets and other smaller UIs would want to cut through.

This also makes me wonder what happens to partially transparent backgrounds.

--
GitHub Notification of comment by grorg
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/3949#issuecomment-670151134 using your GitHub account