Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-background-4] Switch to opt into transparent canvas for additive displays (#3949)

From: Rik Cabanier via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 06 Aug 2020 19:17:41 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
> It would be nice if we used a term other than "canvas" in this discussion. "Surface" was suggested above. We're talking about the color (or, in this case, lack of color) used for the surface of the final rendering/compositing destination.

That's right. "canvas" is what is used in the spec so if we start talking about surface, people might think they are 2 different things

--
GitHub Notification of comment by cabanier
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/3949#issuecomment-670144439 using your GitHub account