Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-variables-1] CSS Variables should be considered as released. (#5390)

From: Tab Atkins Jr. via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 04 Aug 2020 18:35:36 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
What validator are you referring to? Perhaps the W3Schools validator (remember, W3Schools has absolutely no connection to the W3C)? As I said, the actual W3C validator accepts variables/custom properties just fine.

CR vs Rec is largely a procedural issue; validators absolutely should not be restricting themselves to only allowing things in Recs. (And I'm pretty certain any validator is *not* doing that; it would be completely worthless if that was the case, since *most* specs are in CR, not Rec.)

Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/5390#issuecomment-668758372 using your GitHub account