Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-will-change-1] proposal: will-change: integer-transform (#4560)

From: Xianzhu Wang via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Sun, 02 Aug 2020 16:42:11 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
What do you think about the relationship between `will-change: integer-translate` and global zoom or device scale factor?

I think `integer` should mean whole physical pixels instead of integer css translation values. With `will-change: integer-translate`, even if the developer specifies integer translation values, the physical translation may not be integer if the zoom/scale factor is not integral. To achieve physical-pixel-aligned rendering, the browser will have to round the physical translations. Should we define a property to specify whether the browser should snap to physical pixels for translations, which is not limited to `will-change`? Currently it seems that Firefox snaps to pixels for translations, while Chrome and Safari don't.

--
GitHub Notification of comment by wangxianzhu
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/4560#issuecomment-667696786 using your GitHub account