Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-color-5] Add `currentBackgroundColor` Variable (#5292)

From: Xidorn Quan via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Sun, 02 Aug 2020 07:17:42 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
For the use cases themselves, though, I tend to think it's more reasonable to rely on CSS variables rather than introducing more builtin variables based on property values.

If the reason for its having to be a builtin variable is because CSS variables don't interpolate, I would bet more on [CSS Properties and Values API](https://drafts.css-houdini.org/css-properties-values-api/) than adding ad hoc builtin variables like this.

Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/5292#issuecomment-667639051 using your GitHub account