Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-fonts] Proposal to extend CSS font-optical-sizing (#4430)

From: Behdad Esfahbod via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 29 Oct 2019 17:58:38 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
@litherum

> Please use civil language.

You are right.  I apologize.

> Also, we did not "f#ck" up. The fact that OS / typographic points match across the whole system, in browsers and in native apps, is a feature.

What I'm saying is that had Safari chosen to match CSS points, not pixels, to CoreText points, then everything would have still lined up and we wouldn't be having this conversation.

--
GitHub Notification of comment by behdad
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/4430#issuecomment-547553162 using your GitHub account