Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-fonts] Don't require browsers to always match every generic font family to a concrete font family (#4442)

From: Myles C. Maxfield via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 29 Oct 2019 16:31:15 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
Oh, I think I understand. You're proving that my statement:

> The difference between `fantasy` mapping to a font that supports 0 characters, and `fantasy` not mapping to any font, is untestable.

is false.

I believe you are correct, and my statement is false. Even if `fantasy` supports 0 characters, its presence is still observable, because it still will have metrics and therefore affect line height. Cool.

--
GitHub Notification of comment by litherum
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/4442#issuecomment-547512352 using your GitHub account