Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-grid] grid area as element (#4416)

From: WebMechanic via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 22 Oct 2019 12:28:15 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
@chvndb I didn't mean to highjack this. I got your initial point and was just suggesting additional _decorative_ abilities that'd become available if **grid areas**, named or defined numerically, would become "tangible". After all the browser knows _where they are_ and _how big they are_, so why not throw some color at it? :)
Throwing flexbox into the mix was probably a tad too much/abstract. I removed the example code regarding **flexbox** and the rows OR columns we get from it, which had nothing to do with "the flow of the parent **grid**".

--
GitHub Notification of comment by WebMechanic
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/4416#issuecomment-544937914 using your GitHub account