Re: [csswg-drafts] Do fragments float independently? (#4434)

From: Morten Stenshorne via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Sun, 20 Oct 2019 13:32:51 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
What Gecko does makes sense. Blink does what it does due to implementation limitations. Essentially, the old Blink engine doesn't understand block fragments (the boxes are just tall strips sliced into fragments during painting and hit-testing). LayoutNG fixes this, but NG block fragmentation hasn't shipped yet.

Positioning and sizing each fragment individually makes sense to me - especially since we may have variable inline-size fragmentainers (such as regions or named pages).

--
GitHub Notification of comment by mstensho
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/4434#issuecomment-544252747 using your GitHub account