Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-tables-3] Tall cell height redistribution algorithm (#4418)

From: Aleksandar Totic via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 18 Oct 2019 20:18:29 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
I've ~finished my investgation. I think all redistributions can use the same basic algorithm I've initially proposed here (with modifications for empty rows, and what to do if percentage resolution height is undefined).

There is very little agreement between browsers about what should be done. Details about my proposal are in the [investigation](https://docs.google.com/document/d/16tK1eX8PJZL_gp3tGdwyy9LKMOa_CDcT_8nRdFP5GYQ/edit?usp=sharing). Briefly, I think these rules are clean, and hopefully web compatible:

Use algorithm I initially proposed for height redistribution.

PRH means percentage resolution height.
Tall cell -> row height redistribution: PRH is undefined.
Section height -> row height redistribution: PRH is section height
Table height -> section height redistribution: PRH is table height

Section CSS height should not be ignored.
Empty rows never grow in size.
If PRH is undefined, percentage rows are treated as unconstrained rows.

--
GitHub Notification of comment by atotic
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/4418#issuecomment-543923093 using your GitHub account