Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-fonts] What does fangsong map to for non chinese text (#4425)

From: Amelia Bellamy-Royds via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 18 Oct 2019 16:31:29 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
> at least in WebKit, all of the generic font families except system-ui match only a single font, not an entire stack.

Are you saying that for `font-family: serif, MyWebFont`, there are some characters that will trigger the web font as opposed to a system font? This is interesting & opposite to how I've always interpreted the spec. Although now I reread it, I agree with you: it never says that the generics must match for every character!

Can anyone answer how it works in other browsers? Do the existing generics always guarantee complete character coverage?

Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/4425#issuecomment-543824224 using your GitHub account