Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-fonts] What does fangsong map to for non chinese text (#4425)

From: Chris Lilley via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 17 Oct 2019 12:24:53 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
@frivoal

> I believe the actual expectation is that for languages/writing-systems where fangsong isn't really a concept, the result should be a serif font.

Perhaps, but the point of `fangsong` is that it is in some ways an intermediate between serif and sans (plus some other features).

@AmeliaBR

> We could divide the list of generic font keywords according to those that do need to have full coverage and those that don't.

If we did that, then authors could decide between fallback to sans and fallback to serif, by putting the appropriate generic font family after fangsong in the stack.

Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/4425#issuecomment-543149779 using your GitHub account