Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-scroll-anchoring] [css-scroll-snap] What's the optimal viewing rect on the root scroller? (#4393)

From: fantasai via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 16 Oct 2019 13:27:48 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
I'd agree that snapping should be resolved against the visual viewport: the whole point is to get the thing in view. However, I suspect scroll-padding should resolve against the layout viewport: a lot of its use cases are around avoiding certain fixed-positioned content, for example, and that resolves against the layout viewport if I'm understanding things correctly.

Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/4393#issuecomment-542700206 using your GitHub account