Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-ui] outline is not visible when moving focus programmatically (#4421)

From: Amelia Bellamy-Royds via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 15 Oct 2019 20:50:41 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
> "auto" means to use the default behavior of drawing focus only when the browser thinks it should be drawn.

Sorry if I was unclear, but that is incorrect.

`outline: auto` means draw an outline whenever this rule applies. Only the *style* of the outline is based on browser defaults (which may be solid or dotted).  Also, I should have mentioned: most browsers also have a prefixed keyword for defining the default outline color, which isn't standardized yet (but maybe should be). But again, that is about what the outline _looks_ like, not when it is shown. When it is shown is defined by `:focus`, `:focus-visible`, and any custom CSS classes you add.

Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/4421#issuecomment-542398916 using your GitHub account