Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-values-4] Add vhc value (#4329)

From: Tab Atkins Jr. via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 15 Oct 2019 20:43:35 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
`vh` doesn't pay attention to scrollbars, so that it can be a computed-value time unit and not depend on layout.

But nothing stops `vh` from responding to UA chrome hiding/showing. That's not a content-based decision, it just happens as a result of user interaction. It means we have to invalidate as the chrome disappears, but otherwise is not problematic. I think we can just clarify that the viewport units should do so.

Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/4329#issuecomment-542396191 using your GitHub account