Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-tables-3] Tall cell height redistribution algorithm (#4418)

From: Aleksandar Totic via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 15 Oct 2019 15:19:26 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
> I am uncertain about whether the greedy approach makes a lot of sense. Based on your findings only Chrome behaves that way, and I think it's unfortunate that reordering rows also changes their size.

I agree that greedy algorithm is not great, and that proportional is nicer for webdevs.

If we are going to grow proportionally, there are few decisions to be made:

- how do we limit total %ge to 100%?. Columns have a step where they add all column percentages until 100%, then zero out anything over 100%. I think we should do the same for rows.

- cells grow proportionally to what? Existing size, or desired percentage? My suggestion is desired percentage.

--
GitHub Notification of comment by atotic
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/4418#issuecomment-542265843 using your GitHub account