Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-grid-2][css-grid] `grid-template-rows/columns` Computed / Resolved Values for 'subgrid' values (#4362)

From: Mats Palmgren via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 11 Oct 2019 21:16:54 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
> I'm not sure how you're getting that from the description.

The "taking the _computed value_ and completing any remaining calculations" part seems to imply only a fairly narrow set of calculations on the computed value itself, such as resolving `auto`/percentages to definite lengths etc.  It didn't occur to me that "remaining calculations" could include a fairly complex merging of used values from ancestors.

> We thought you were asking for that, which is why we included it. ^_^

Sorry for not being more precise.

> We can definitely remove it.

Great! Then I think we should narrow it down to just the local names.

--
GitHub Notification of comment by MatsPalmgren
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/4362#issuecomment-541227160 using your GitHub account