Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-inherit] New rule to make non-inherited properties inheritable (#4395)

From: Tab Atkins Jr. via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 08 Oct 2019 16:20:49 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
I assume that children *wouldn't* inherit the !inherit flag.  And the cascade is trivial; it would just cause the child to have an inherited value where it currently doesn't, so you use the normal rules (inherited value is only used if there's no cascaded value).

But yeah the inversion of inheritance is somewhat problematic due to anonymous boxes, as we currently don't need to worry about them inheriting weird properties.

I also suspect this is a rare enough situation that the minor code savings aren't worth the cost of adding a new feature; as far as I know explicit use of the `inherit` keyword is pretty rare in the first place.

Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/4395#issuecomment-539591712 using your GitHub account